Youth Employment Summit (YES) Supporters and Partners:
First, thank you for being such wonderful supporters and partners of our work. Without all of you, we wouldn’t be able to achieve the impacts we do for our children, families, and communities.
As you’re well aware, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to spread across Washington State and the country. I’m sure all of you are already taking every precaution necessary to help stem the spread of the virus, however, if you’d like an additional resource, our partners at the WA State Employment Security Department have developed a fantastic website for WA workers and businesses https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19.
After careful consideration and out of an abundance of caution, Workforce Southwest Washington is postponing the fourth annual Youth Employment Summit (YES) that was scheduled to be held on Thursday, March 19.
We did not make this decision lightly. We did so out of guidance from science and a desire to act in the most responsible way possible to protect the wellbeing of our team, all of you, and the greater community.
Note this is a postponement. We are currently reviewing options for a future date for the event. My team, Alyssa Joyner and Melissa Boles (contact information listed below) will be in touch with you to explore possible options for later this year.
In the meantime, if you have questions, please reach out to them directly:
- Businesses: Alyssa Joyner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.410.0408
- Schools: Melissa Boles, email@example.com, 360.567.3185
Again, thank you for your continued partnership and support and remember:
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Have extra supplies of important items on hand.
- Clean and disinfect “high-touch” objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, faucet handles, railings, remote controls, and keyboards.
Chief Executive Officer