The Future Leaders Project is an initiative of Workforce Southwest Washington, Columbia River Economic Development Council and WSU Vancouver that seeks to connect students from historically underrepresented communities with Clark County employers and provide them with tools to thrive as they prepare to enter the workforce.
Students will benefit from:
- A $3,000 (stipend) paid summer internship at a Clark County business
- Approximately 20 hours of work per week from June to August
- Ongoing mentorship and professional development opportunities during fall and spring semesters
In addition to WSW hosting an intern, additional participating companies include: Columbia Bank, Columbia River Economic Development Council (CREDC), Gravitate, PeaceHealth, PointNorth Consulting, TwinStar Credit Union and others are still joining.
These businesses are looking for interns interested in communications, finance, human resources, marketing, and mechanical engineering, among others.
The Future Leaders Project seeks talented WSU Vancouver students from historically underrepresented communities who want to build on their leadership and professional experience and bring a more diverse perspective to the local business community.
Ideal candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, DACA or HB 1079
- Must be a member of a historically disadvantaged and underrepresented community
- Must be of junior or senior standing enrolled at WSU Vancouver at the start of the fall 2021 semester
- Students from all majors will be considered, but preference will be given to students in communication, digital technology and culture, finance, human resources, marketing and mechanical engineering
- Must be available to complete a 200-hour internship between June – August 2021
- Must commit to attending leadership and professional development training throughout the fall 2021/spring 2022 semesters
The following items must be submitted by end-of-day Wednesday, March 31, 2021, to be considered.
- Completed application
- Cover letter
- One letter of recommendation
Your cover letter, resume and letter of recommendation may be submitted electronically through the application form, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may drop off hard copy documents in person at the Student Resource Center. If possible, please package these documents as a single PDF file.