Your business may benefit from the following programs and services provided through WSW and its partners.
Employee Recruitment & Retention
Finding and hiring the right people can be time consuming. Once you have the right people, keeping their skills current so they remain productive and your company is competitive can be challenging.
Whether you have a full human resources team or one person wearing many hats, WSW-funded programs may provide the solutions you need.
WSW is dedicated to connecting our local businesses with resources to ensure sustainable growth. Whether you need technical assistance with government contracting, process improvements, capital, a larger location or export growth, WSW can help you make the connections you need.
When job-producing industries thrive, so does the community. Ensuring that high-growth industries have the skilled workers they need for their high-demand jobs is vital for the prosperity of those businesses and the health of the region’s economy.
WSW invests in training to prepare people for current and future jobs in industries projected to grow in the next few years. Our goal is to ensure businesses have the workers they need and everyone that wants to work has a job.
Learn more about the region’s targeted industries, including:
Hiring Young People
SummerWorks connects your business to young adults for 90-hour paid summer jobs.
The program provides your company with:
- Qualified, prepared and motivated talent ages 16-21
- Talent that is pre-screened to fit with your company and ready to start work
- Young adults to assist with a diverse array of general tasks or project-based assignments
Hiring a young person for a summer job provides your company with a unique opportunity to invest in your future workforce and help create a trained and experienced candidate pool.
Your business could benefit in a number of ways:
- Staff professional development. Working with young people is an opportunity for your employees to develop their management, leadership and communications skills.
- Recruitment. Summer employment lets you see the abilities of potential candidates and train them to your standards.
- Engage an important audience. Your company’s participation increases awareness of your business with this potential customer base and talent pool.
- Gain a fresh perspective. Young employees can bring innovative and novel ways of thinking to your business.
- “Feel good” factor. Employee engagement could increase when they feel they’ve had a role in helping a young person succeed.
Investing your time, knowledge and expertise to help a young person learn the skills necessary to get and keep a job benefit our young adults, your business and the economy. That’s a pretty good ROI!
Get on overview of SummerWorks. Click to watch a video.
Hear from businesses about the benefits of SummerWorks by watching this short video.
Contact Benton Waterous at email@example.com or 360.567.3182.
Apprenticeships, Internships & Other Business + Youth Programs
Young adults are your company’s workforce of tomorrow. Interacting with them today can benefit your business by ensuring the best and the brightest are aware of your company, what you do, why it matters and how they can be part of it.
To get involved and learn about opportunities to connect with young adults, contact Miriam Martin, Director of Programs, at 360.567.3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other resources and tools, visit:
- Reports & Data
- Employment Security Department – Employment and Economic Information
- Vancouver Business Resource – small business resources
- SCORE: Vancouver & Longview
- Washington Small Business Development Center (WSBDC)